COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
COVID-19 Preguntas Frequentes sobre los servicios de la biblioteca.
- Are Stanislaus County Libraries open now?
Yes. Stanislaus County Libraries are open, including some evening and weekend hours; see the complete list of hours here.
- Do I need to call ahead for a computer appointment?
No. Computer sign-ups take place on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Will I be required to wear a mask inside the library?
In keeping with public health guidance, those who are not fully vaccinated must wear masks at all times in indoor public settings, including libraries. Participants at all in-person children’s library programs must wear masks, regardless of vaccination status. Guidance for the Use of Face Coverings issued by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) is available here
- Where can I pick up my holds?
Holds can be picked up from the hold shelves, and checked out as usual at the self-checkout machines.
- Can I drop off my materials in a library book return?
All book returns are open and there is no longer a quarantine period on returned materials.
- When are my items due?
Items are checked out for 3 weeks. You can check item due dates in your library card account online or by calling (209) 558-7808 during library open hours.
- I am a senior and can't get to the library to pick up my holds. Can the Library help me?
Yes. We are making some no-contact doorstep deliveries to senior citizens. Call us at 209-558-7814.
- Can I use Link+?
Yes, Link+ is available.
- Can I request books through Zip Books?
The Zip Books program has resumed with the original guidelines in effect. Libraries are accepting the return of Zip Books.
- Can I apply for a library card online?
Yes, you can complete the Library Card Application online. Applications are typically processed within 24-48 hours, and a digital resources card will be issued. We will email or call you with your new library card number so you can begin accessing our digital resources right away. Your digital services card may be converted to a full service card by showing your photo ID and proof of address when you come to the library. If you have had a library card with any Stanislaus County Library, please contact your nearest library or call (209) 558-7808 for assistance.
- My library card has expired. How can I renew?
We can update your card by phone or in person. Please call 209-558-7808 or your local branch.
- How can I get help with a question about my account?
If you have any questions about your account, call us at 209-558-7808 or call your local branch.
- I'm having trouble borrowing eBooks.
Visit our pages on cloudLibrary or Hoopla, email email@example.com, or call us at 209-558-7814.
- Can I donate books?
Yes, the library has resumed accepting book donations.
- Where can I find more information on coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Please visit the Stanislaus County Health Services Agency (SCHSA) or the Library's list of official sources, including the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses