- New Popular Books - Watch for these new adult titles.
- Reading Recommendations - Need help finding your next great read? Fill out the Book Recommendations form and we will provide personalized recommendations for you.
- Reading Suggestions - Reading suggestions, reviews, discussion guides, series lists and book club suggestion guides.
- E-book Resources - Free web site resources for electronic books.
- AssistiveMedia - Assistive Media works to heighten the educational, cultural, and quality-of-living standards for people with disabilities by providing free, copyright-approved, high-caliber audio literary works to the world-wide disability community.
- Book Club in a Box - Do you belong to a book club? Are you looking for titles to read? You can sign up to receive a box of books (and in most cases reading guides) from the library. This service is provided by the 49/99 Library Consortium. For more information, contact the Salida Library at 543-7315. A list of titles is available here.
Stanislaus Reads and Writes
In 2014, local authors collaborated to write a community novel, Ashes in a Teardrop. The novel begins when a young couple stumbles across an abandoned teardrop trailer during a weekend bike ride along the Tuolumne River. What follows is a suspenseful mystery set against the familiar landscape of Stanislaus County.
The novel and author biographies are available here.