Digital Magazine Information
How to Use Zinio
Zinio is an online magazine collection that the library subscribes to for the reading and browsing enjoyment of our customers. Currently the library offers 51 magazines that can be read on computers and mobile devices. You can check out as many magazines as you like and keep them as long as you wish.
To use Zinio:
- Create a Library Collection account. This account is used to browse the collection and to check out magazines. Magazines may only be checked out in a browser. Apps are for reading the magazines only.
- You never need to return checked out magazines, and they do not expire.
- When new issues are published, they will be available for checkout from the Library's Magazine Collection.
- If you wish to receive email notifications of new magazines, you can do so in your account preferences. Once you have created your account, click on the small arrow next to the icon near your name. Select "My Preferences" and there you have the option to check or uncheck the box to receive notices.
To read previously selected magazines:
- Sign in to your Library Collection Account.
- Select "My Collection" to see your magazines.
- Select "Read Now" (book icon)
To get new issues or select new magazines:
- Go to the Library's Magazine Collection in your browser.
- Browse the collection. To see previous issues of a magazine, click on the magazine title.
- To check out a magazine, click on Checkout Now (icon with a +).
As of April 30, 2015 the Zinio for Library app is available for iPad, iPhone, Android, and Kindle Fire HD/HDX devices. Please check your app store for the "Zinio for Libraries" app which no longer requires a Zinio.com account to be created.
Most magazines you wish to view will automatically load in your browser. Internet Explorer 9 or higher, Google Chrome,and/or Mozilla Firefox are required to view the site, as is Adobe Flash. Some magazines require the free Zinio Reader 4 Viewer. The viewer is also needed for offline reading. Download now
Mobile/Smartphone Users - Download the Zinio for Libraries app
Once eMagazines have been checked out through a browser, download and install the appropriate app to read on your device.
- Apple (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch)
- Blackberry Playbook
- Kindle Fire
- Nook Color (Not available)
- Nook HD/HD+
- Windows 8 or RT
* Smartphone and mobile device users are advised to log out completely when not using Zinio to conserve the battery.
How do I find out if a magazine has a new issue?
Check the Library's Magazine Collection for new issues.
How do I remove titles from my account? Can I get them back if desired?
Use the Edit button to remove or restore titles. Any title you remove may be restored at a future time.
Can I read magazines offline or must I be connected to the Internet?
After downloading a magazine, it may be read offline by using the Zinio for Libraries app (mobile devices) or the Zinio Reader Viewer (desktop/laptop).
How much space will a downloaded magazine take on my device?
The typical magazine is 30-50 MB. Interactive magazines are 50-100 MB.
I see magazines in my Zinio.com account that I did not select. Why are they there?
From time to time, Zinio may add magazine samples to your account. If desired, you can delete them by using the Edit button and selecting Remove.
I don't see a magazine available in either the Library's Magazine Collection or Zinio.com. Why not?
Some magazine publishers do not allow Zinio to offer their titles for sale or do not allow libraries to make these available through Zinio. Each publisher has their own set of rules about this and they themselves control availability.
I'm getting email from Zinio.com that I don't want. What can I do?
You may opt-out of Zinio.com email communications. Log in to Zinio.com and go to account settings. Select Preferences and un-check Let Zinio decide and anything else you don't want to receive. Click Save changes. If you are also using the Zinio for Libraries mobile app, you must update preferences in the app as well.
Trouble logging in to your Library Magazine account using Safari on Apple devices
This is a known issue that Zinio is working to resolve. In the meantime, clear the cache on your device periodically or access your Library Magazine account through another browser on your device, such as Chrome. Look for alternate browsers in the App Store.
To clear the Safari browser history and cache, go to Settings and select Safari from the list. On the right hand side of the page, click on Clear History and then click Clear. Also click on Clear Cookies and Data and then click clear.
Some magazines require Adobe Flash and cannot be read on iPads.
The Zinio for Libraries app is not available through the Amazon App store. Download the app here.
Nook HD & Nook Color
The Zinio app is available through Google Play for Nook HD and newer tablets. It is not available for the Nook Color.