Digital Magazine Information
Zinio for Libraries is now RBdigital
Zinio for Libraries, the library’s eMagazine resource, is now RBdigital. Please go to your app store and download the new RBdigital App. Once you have installed the new app, you can begin accessing the same magazines you enjoy now. For more details, please see FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions).
How to Use RBdigital
RBdigital is an online magazine collection that the library subscribes to for the reading and browsing enjoyment of our customers. Currently the library offers 60 magazines that can be read on computers and mobile devices. You can check out as many magazines as you like and keep them as long as you wish.
To use RBdigital:
- Create a Library Collection account. This account is used to browse the collection and to check out magazines. Magazines may be checked out in a browser or in the app.
- You never need to return checked out magazines, and they do not expire.
- When new issues are published, they will be available for checkout from the Library's Magazine Collection.
- If you wish to receive email notifications of new magazine issues, you can do so in your account preferences. Once you have created your account, click on the small arrow next to the icon near your name. Select "My Preferences" and there you have the option to check or uncheck the box to receive notices.
To read previously selected magazines:
- Sign in to your Library Collection Account.
- Select "My Collection" to see your magazines.
- Select "Read Now" (book icon)
To get new issues or select new magazines:
- Go to the Library's Magazine Collection in your browser.
- Browse the collection. To see previous issues of a magazine, click on the magazine title.
- To check out a magazine, click on Checkout Now (icon with a +).
The RBdigital app is available for iPad, iPhone, Android, and Kindle Fire HD/HDX devices. Please check your app store for the "RBdigital" app.
Most magazines you wish to view will automatically load in your browser. Internet Explorer 9 or higher, Google Chrome, and/or Mozilla Firefox are required to view the site, as requires Adobe Flash.
Mobile/Smartphone Users - Download the RBdigital app
Once eMagazines have been checked out through a browser, download and install the appropriate app to read on your device.
* Smartphone and mobile device users are advised to log out completely when not using RBDigital to conserve the battery.
Can I still use the Zinio for Libraries app after the update?
Zinio for Libraries has merged with RBdigital. After the first of December, you will only be able to access your magazine collection on RBdigital. Please download the new RBdigital app now from your app store. Note: Your user name and password will remain the same
Do I need to uninstall the Zinio for Libraries app?
The Zinio for Libraries app will remain on your device until you delete it. When the Zinio for Libraries app is deleted, all downloaded magazines will be removed from your device, freeing up memory. The new RBdigital app will have all previous checkouts available, but those checkouts will need to be downloaded again, as needed.
How do I find out if a magazine has a new issue?
Check the Library's Magazine Collection for new issues.
How do I remove titles from my account? Can I get them back if desired?
Use the Edit button to remove or restore titles. Any title you remove may be restored at a future time.
Can I read magazines offline or must I be connected to the Internet?
After downloading a magazine, it may be read offline by using the Zinio for Libraries app (mobile devices) or the Zinio Reader Viewer (desktop/laptop).
How much space will a downloaded magazine take on my device?
The typical magazine is 30-50 MB. Interactive magazines are 50-100 MB.
I don't see a magazine available in either the Library's Magazine Collection. Why not?
Some magazine publishers do not allow RBDigital to offer their titles for sale or do not allow libraries to make these available through RBDigital. Each publisher has their own set of rules about this and they themselves control availability.
Trouble logging in to your Library Magazine account using Safari on Apple devices
This is a known issue that Zinio is working to resolve. In the meantime, clear the cache on your device periodically or access your Library Magazine account through another browser on your device, such as Chrome. Look for alternate browsers in the App Store.
To clear the Safari browser history and cache, go to Settings and select Safari from the list. On the right hand side of the page, click on Clear History and then click Clear. Also click on Clear Cookies and Data and then click clear.
Some magazines require Adobe Flash and cannot be read on iPads.
The Zinio for Libraries app is not available through the Amazon App store. Download the app here.
Nook HD & Nook Color
The Zinio app is available through Google Play for Nook HD and newer tablets. It is not available for the Nook Color.