- DrugWatch - a comprehensive site featuring extensive up-to-date information about thousands of different medications and drugs currently on the market or previously available worldwide.
- Familydoctor.org - Health information for the whole family from the American Academy of
Family Physicians, including a medical dictionary.
Health Guide: Diagnostic Tests - Sponsored by Harvard Medical School,
this site explains what the test is, how to prepare, what the risks are,
what to expect, and approximately how long for the results to come in.
Community Health Library - Health library
located in Modesto, CA.
- Healthfinder - A credible,
accurate source of information to help Americans choose to live healthier
- Healthopedia - a medical and health consumer information resource containing
comprehensive, unbiased information in patient-friendly language from
InSite - Provides a wealth of information about HIV and AIDS topics.
Tests Online - A public resource on clinical lab testing from the
laboratory professionals who do the testing.
- MedicineNet - Relevant, easy-to-read, in-depth medical information for consumers.
Plus Health Information - A service of the National Library of Medicine and National
Institute of Health
- MEDLINE - References and abstracts from 4300 biomedical journals.
- PubMed - Provides access to over 11 million MEDLINE citations back to the mid-1960's and
additional life science journals. PubMed
includes links to many sites providing full text articles and other related
- RXList - Internet drug index.
|Send library website questions or comments to Library Webmaster.
Revised: August 17, 2011